I almost missed my nomination for Versatile Blogger by Nikki over at Dysfunctional Dose because my Contact Page comments were going to my husband’s email. He’s my unpaid Web Developer and Production Assistant, so I guess I can’t really complain, but he’s slacking on attention to detail.
Thank you, Nikki, for the nomination! Peer awards are the best. Much better, than from someone who merely judges.
I commend Nikki for even writing a blog. She had three babies before the age of 24. At 24, I was backpacking throughout Europe and drinking wine, wine and more wine. I was too immature and self-centered to even babysit, let alone carry, deliver and care for a child. She never even drank coffee, until her first child (or “thing” as she likes to refer to her offspring) went to high school. Her writing is lighthearted, relatable and humorous. Check her out!
Seven random facts about me (this is easy because I’m mostly a random person):
- I used to love a nice, spicy Zinfandel, before I had my daughter. After I delivered her, my taste buds changed. So, along with her, my love for Cabernet was born. Improvise, right?
- I taught my daughter how to do The Running Man, Cabbage Patch, Vacuum Cleaner, Sprinkler and Jack Knife and we practice nightly.
- Trent Reznor once picked up on me backstage after a Nine In Nails concert. This was pre-Closer. This makes me feel both cool…and old.
- Everything in the world should have some crimson in it. After all, it’s the best color in the world.
- Two years ago, I moved to suburbia after 14 years of living in the city. I still stalk Megan’s Law for updates about pedophiles and I’m afraid of driving on the highway because I used to only walk or take cabs.
- I once thought LOL stood for Lots of Love, so when people responded with it, I thought they were strange.
- I backpacked around Europe for 4 months by myself in my mid-twenties and it’s something my daughter will never know about. Have you seen Taken?
How It Works:
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Copy and paste the award to your blog.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let the other Bloggers know that you have nominated them.
I’m pretty sure all of you have already been nominated and you have to rotate items in your sidebar, so this award just wasn’t up there today. All of you bring something unique and refreshing to the blogosphere. All of you have written at least one thing that has made me laugh. Some I have just discovered and others I’ve been following all along.
Good Day, Regular People
Dusty Earth Mother
Not Super…Just Mom
A Whole Lot of Nothing
The Maven of Mayhem
It’s a Dome Life
One Funny Motha
Life as Leigh sees it
Mom in the Muddle
Happy Little Feet